Many organisations throughout the world have adopted a high performance through engagement approach of some kind. Each have customised it to make it their own. That is how it should be.
In Utah, the Governor’s Office of Management and Budget call their high performance through engagement strategy their “Success Framework”.
Watch and listen carefully to the following video and see if you can identify the following principles:
- A system of work that harnesses the knowledge, intuition and experience of people through improvement teams (committees).
- A commitment to the safety, security and satisfaction (i.e. culture) of the people doing the work.
- Leadership that facilitates people to improve the work system.
- The utilisation of problem solving methodologies.
- A focus on increasing customer value.
- Ensuring commercial responsibility.